This is a "quick" questionnaire for a round or Would You Rather. I found this older tag at Sincerely, A Book Nerd. Ready? Lets go!
1. Rather read only a series or stand-alone books?
Series. A am a series junkie. I feel I can really delve deeper into the world and characters with the extra reading.
2. Rather read a book whose main character is male or female?
Probably female. But it really depends on the character. I can enjoy either.
3. Rather shop only at Barnes & Noble (or other actual bookstore) or Amazon?
An actual bookstore. I have a local fav that sells both new and used books and all new books are 20% list price so it rival B&N. I love to browse a physical store.
4. Rather all books become movies or tv shows?
Tricky! If the book was a standalone=movie. But for a series a tv show or mini series would be more fun and you can not be as rushed for cutting stuff out plus even build more on it (Such as THE 100)
5. Rather read 5 pages per day or read 5 books per week?
5 books a week. Some weeks that is easy, others hard but the idea of only 5 pages makes me sad.
6. Rather be a professional book reviewer or an author?
This would depend on the incentive and sales of the author. A more well established author wins over a professional book reviewer. But the idea pf being paid to read is most enticing and since I could use a better job that would win over a small-time author that sells maybe 100 books. But can I be both? Please...
7. Rather only read the same 20 books over and over or get to read a new book every 6 months?
I guess a new book. While I would be sad to miss on re-reading my favs, there are too many new books that I want to read.
8. Rather be a librarian or own a book store?
Tough question! Either!! Book store would give more freedom in how I do things, book purchases, recommendations, hours, etc but the librarian pay is often better, more stable and can meet a wider variety of people.
9. Rather only read your favorite genre or your favorite author?
Genre. Several of my favorite authors would fall in it anyways so it is an easy "cheat."
10. Rather only read physical books or eBooks?
Physical. I am not an ebook fan, although I have many. I will take the feel, smell and overall environment a physical book gives. Not to mention, it is easier on my eyes.
I would love to know your answers! If you have any other Would You Rather Qs I can do in a future post, let me know. Or any other tags you'd like to see on here.